SAF Growth Solutions 2015
Some of the highlights included...
- Jim Dion of Dionco spoke about the on-demand economy and the importance of being mobile ready. Jim is a leading expert in retail and audiences are always fascinated by what he has to share.
- The president of AIFD, Tim Farrell, did a great session on hosting profitable parties. It's always a good sign when people gasp during a session and it happened several times. And afterwards people were lined up three deep to take pictures of the designs he presented.
- SAF CIO and author of the monthly Plugged In column in Floral Management Renato Sogueco did an outstanding session on e-commerce. Renato recently had the chance to speak with a Google insider and had a lot of search information to spare.
- Derrick Myers PFCI, head of Crockett Myers (the best floral-specific accounting firm in the US) is a terrific speaker with a ton of knowledge to share. He had a little more time today and was able to get deeper and into more topics than usual. Very interesting material for anyone interested in the business side of the flower business.
- Last Tim Huckabee of FloralStrategies did CSI: Flower Shop Live! This session is a highlight at any event. It's a lot of fun for everyone in attendance, and provides valuable information for all in attendance.
SAF events are always great. They are smoothly run (thanks to the efforts of Laura Weaver, head of meetings and events) and the content is consistently outstanding. Melissa Mega, of the Ivy Green in PA, attends the event almost every year, and this time around she was the winner of our free pass giveaway.
The next big SAF event is the Annual Convention on Amelia Island in 2015. Until then they will continue their WebBlast series of short educational webinars.