2013 SAF Retail Growth Solutions Schedule
The schedule for SAF Retail Growth Solutions (taking place June 11 & 12 2013 In St. Louis MO) is now online. As always SAF is delivering lots of great content and, with no sessions overlapping, participating florists should try and catch it all.
We would however like to point out a couple of sessions in particular...
CSI: Flower Shop — Live! with Tim Huckabee of Floral Strategies
Tim is Floral Management magazine’s favorite columnist and this session is a crowd favorite whenever it is presented. Tim will pose as a typical retail flower buyer and call flower shops around the country to place an order. You’ll hear each conversation and then help Tim dissect the good, bad and ugly of each call. It's fun, surprising, and you'll learn things that you can put into practice as soon as you return to your shop.
- A list of best practices when talking to a customer
- What you should never say when taking an order
- Commonly missed opportunities to increase the size of the sale
- How to communicate clearly and ensurecustomer satisfaction
A ‘Crazy’ Compensation Plan That Works with Manny Gonzales of Tiger Lily Florist
Manny will share a new approach to compensation and training that kept Tiger Lily Florist growing in spite of the recession and now see the shop doing more wedding business with fewer salespeople. He'll explain the thinking behind the change and how his Charleston, S.C. shop made the transition.
I was lucky enough to see this session at the 2012 SAF Annual Convention and was very impressed - as were all of the others attendees I spoke to afterwards. It is extremely valuable information.
- How florists fall into the “good employee trap” and why they need to escape
- How to get every member of your staff thinking (and working) like they own the business
- Steps to set up incentive-based compensation and bring your team on board