Upcoming Events: Real Local Florists and SAF Annual Conventions
We're looking forward to meeting with retail florists at two upcoming events...
Real Local Florists Annual Convention
Registration is $229.99 (USD) for RLF members and $299.00 (USD) for non-members. Food and beverages will be available and the market will provide free lunches to RLF attendees. There are more than twelve educational sessions in addition to discussion of the most pressing issues in the retail flower business.
SAF Annual Convention
FloristWare will also exhibit at the 2016 SAF Annual Convention Supplier Expo. In addition we will be sponsoring three sessions from Tim Huckabee of FloralStrategies.
Training New Hires
Can new hires who know nothing about the floral industry become pros in days — even hours — rather than weeks? Tim Huckabee says yes and in this fast-paced session he'll introduce tools that help quickly make new staff comfortable and productive in your business.
- How to fast-track new hires to confidently use your POS (regardless of the supplier)
- Practical ways to get new staff engaging customers on their own in just days
- Tips on welcoming newbies to your team with minimum friction from veteran staff
Motivate Them! Become a Better Sales Coach
Is your sales team stuck in the same-old, same-old? Are you struggling to motivate people to increase average transactions and go after bigger sales? In this expanded version of his popular “Sales Management for Wimps” program, Tim Huckabee talks candidly about how to motivate staff, use incentives, set goals manage expectations and increase sales.
- Proven approaches to setting sales targets — and steps to achieve those numbers
- Easy team-builders to get every employee focused on boosting the store’s profitability
- Methods to help staff understand how, and why, paychecks are directly tied to every transaction
This is great material for any retail florist and FloristWare is proud to be able to help provide it as part of our ongoing commitment to the retail floral industry.
In addition FloristWare founder Mark Anderson will present a session on Beyond Cost Plus Pricing.
Pricing for Profits
Mark Anderson walks you through simple tricks and advanced pricing strategies that result in more sales, bigger profits and less money left on the table. No cost-plus formulas, just the best of modern psychological pricing & revenue management practices.
- How pricing can enhance and clarify your brand/brand position
- Best practices for pricing standard arrangements, hard goods and gift items
- Tips on pricing fill-to-value orders and quoting weddings and events
There is more information on the 2016 SAF Annual Convention in the Events section of our floral industry resource guide.