The objectives of the NDSFA are to promote and encourage the exchange between members of ideas, principles, policies, and methods of conducting the floral business and generally further the floral industry. Also, provide members with educational opportunities such as design shows, seminars, tours, and/or trade fairs and keep members up to date with the latest trends and advancements within the industry.
To advance the sale and service of flowers and to promote integrity, honesty, and professionalism in the floral industry.
Membership in the NDSFA is open to the following groups:
Any firms, corporations, or individuals of good reputation who are actively engaged in the floral business.
Educational institution of any related field of study to floristry.
Wholesale Florists & Suppliers
Individuals, firms, corporations, or employees of active members of good reputation engaged in business kindred to the floral industry.
Benefits of NDSFA membership include...
- Access to any and all NDSFA events.
- Listing in the NDSFA Member Directory page.
- 2 free seats at the NDSFA Annual Convention including design shows and access to all our vendors.
- Scholarship opportunity
Jennifer Ross Janes Lowe Scholarship
The NDSFA offers this $400.00 scholarship to be used for any floral industry-related class from a NDSFA Board-approved facility or program. This scholarship is awarded based on the recipient’s potential future development in the floral industry. Applicants need to have a passion for the floral industry: for learning, sharing and developing the skills applicable to this field and are required to contact a NDSFA Board member prior to registering or attending any program or facility.
- Applications are available from any board member at any time, or at the NDSFA Annual Convention.
- The application must be received by a standing board member no later than October 31st of any year.
- Scholarship recipients are chosen at January’s board meeting.
- Must be a NDSFA member in good standing.
- The number of scholarships awarded in each calendar year may vary, based on the availability of NDSFA funds set aside each year for the scholarship program. In addition, any one person is only allowed one scholarship per year.
- Any NDSFA member or current employee of a NDSFA membership shop is eligible to apply, provided they have been employed for at least one year at a floral shop.
- The check will be made payable to the recipient and paid at the NDSFA Annual Convention.
- The scholarship must be used in the calendar year in which it was issued, and it is not transferable or eligible for use in any other manner.
- The recipient will be required to provide a small presentation at the NDSFA Annual Convention.
Interested parties can download an application online.