The SAF 2017 Annual Convention is being held Sept. 6-9, 2017 at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida. This is a can't-miss opportunity for florists across North America to hone their skills and network with other industry professionals!
As always, this once a year event is jam-packed with incredible business and design sessions.
Mark Anderson, FloristWare and Derrick Myers, Crockett Myers
- “Are You Selling Yourself Short?” Learn about pricing models that have revolutionized other industries, and understand why it’s ok to deviate from cost-plus pricing.
Jamie Notter, WorkXO
- “Winning the Talent Wars with Culture” Workplace culture matters more than pay and benefits, and this session will guide you to creating a culture in your business that will help you attract and retain talent.
Renato Sugueco, Bloomnet
- “ The Future of the Retail Florist” Renato will explore how current technology can help your business plan ahead.
Cyrstal Vilkaitis, Crystal Media
- “Using Video to Boost Engagement” There’s no getting around it, video is good for business. In this session Crystal will show you how to identify video-worthy content using easy tools, and how to engage your social media audience in your videos.
- “One of a Kind: How to Stand Out on Social Media” Learn how to stand out on social media via an online brand.
Sam Bowles, FloralStrategies
- “Disarm the Disgruntled” We’ve all had to deal with complaints from customers. Sam will show you a 5 point plan to reach a resolution that will turn your complaining customers into happy shoppers.
Diane Thiefoldt, The Learning Cafe
- “Preparing Millennials for Leadership” Millennials are the largest population in history and now represent 35% of the U.S. workforce. Diane is a Generations expert who will show yo how to connect, communicate with, and reward this age group while guiding them into leadership roles.
- “Internship Programs that Deliver” Interested in what an internship program can do for your business? Diane will outline how this can benefit current staff while reducing costs, how to find and train your interns and other best practices.
Kevin Ylvisaker, Smithers- Oasis
- “Rejuvenate Your Yuletide Business” Kevin outlines ways to ensure you claim a piece of the holiday business through special events, ideas and products.
- “Holiday Designs Hands On Workshop”
Steve Daum, Floralife and Gay Smith, Chrysal USA
- “Down and dirty: Nitty Gritty Hacks to Extend Vase Life” Care & handling experts Steve and Gay will show you how to ensure your entire team embraces the habits to ensure you are maximizing vase life.
- Premier Products Showcase - the latest scoop on new items in the industry
- Supplier Expo - The best way to discover the products, tools and services you need as a florist while getting to know the vendors and building relationships.
- Marketing Breakfast - focused this year on SAF’s Petal it Forward campaign
- SAFPAC Golf Tournament
- 50th Annual Sylvia Cup Design Competition
- Stars of the Industry Awards Reception and Dinner
For more information including how register and the full three-day agenda, please visit the SAF website.