The Master Florists Association was incorporated in 1952. Members of the Master Florists Association represent all facets of the industry. Although membership is open to anyone engaged in the floral trade in Northern California, it is primarily a Bay Area association.
A president, vice president, and treasurer are elected every two years. There is also a Board of Directors consisting of the officers and other members, which includes retailers, growers, wholesalers, and educators.
The goals of the association are:
- To promote the sale of flowers and related products to encourage better business methods and uniform trade practices.
- To foster friendly relations and cooperation among growers, wholesalers, retailers, educators, and allied tradesmen.
- To work closely with state and national floral industry organizations.
The Master Florists Association is active in sponsoring educational opportunities like floral design shows, seminars, workshops, nursery tours, and awarding scholarships to students at the local colleges.
The Benefits of Membership include:
- Network with fellow members to resolve mutual problems/issues, share ideas and exchange information.
- Invites to annual social events like the Crab Feed.
- Master Florist Specials offered to members from our fellow wholesale members.
- Discounts to educational events, classes and workshops.
- A monthly newsletter with a message from the Association president, announcements, calendar of events, industry news.