The AFAA is the parent body of the following organizations within Australia, each of whom is entitled to two delegates and an observer at AFAA meetings:
- The Floral Art Guild of the Australian Capital Territory Inc.
- New South Wales Floral Art Association Inc.
- The Floral Art Society of Queensland Inc.
- Floral Design Council of South Australia Inc.
- Tasmanian Floral Art Society Inc.
- Victorian Floral Art Association Inc.
- Western Australia Floral Art Society Inc
At this time there is no representation for the Northern Territory
The AFAA goals include the following:
- Promote Floral Art in Australia (education, competition, socially and culturally)
- Promote networking and idea exhange between our members and also internationally
- Promote the training and education of Floral Art judges, while improving the standards of floral art judging with Australia to ensure we are on par with the rest of the world
- Promote and gain recognition for Australian floral art and artists
- Organize national flower shows